The Church Planter Leadership Fellowship exists to help national church planting leaders from denominations, districts, state conventions, adjudicatory levels and networks to connect and collaborate around church planting in a peer learning environment.
One of the great things about the total membership of CPLF is that the groups involved represent approximately 75% of church planting in North America. It is a great place for mutual learning.
One of my favorite meetings each year is the Church Planting Leadership Fellowship (CPLF). The CPLF exists to help denominational leaders connect around church planting learning and serves as a place for peer learning. We've been doing this for a few years now. If you are interested in seeing what we've previously done, you can also read the recaps from 2011, 2010 and 2009. Last week, I was excited to be able to again host this meeting here in Nashville.
- How North Americans Can Learn about Church Planting from the Rest of the World
- Church Planting in SE Asia
- Ying Kai and Bill Fudge, T4T
- Steve Murrell, Senior Pastor at Victory Church in Manila, Philippines
- David Garrison, Church Planting Movements
- 5 Things to Learn From an International Church Planting
Church planter assessment:
- Jim Bland, Presbyterian Church in America
- Nick Boring, Vision360
- John Shepherd, Mountain Lake Church, and
- Ed Stetzer
Multisite and church planting:
- Steve Pike, Assemblies of God
- Jon Ferguson, Community Community Church, New Thing Network
- Greg Surratt, Seacoast Church and ARC
- Philip Nation and Scott McConnell, both of LifeWay Research
Almost 70 church planting leaders attended this peer learning event. The CPLF is made up of 36 organizations representing 24 different denominations - which in turn are related to about 75% of the new church starts in North America each year. No doubt -- the biggest benefit of the two-day gathering is the networking opportunities and exchange of ideas shared over a meal. But we really do have some structure to the meeting, and usually a couple of primary topics to build around.
- "Raising Up Church Non-Clergy Church Planters."
- Viral Churches: Beyond Addition
- Urban Study with a presentation by Al Barth (from Redeemer Presbyterian Church), entitled Inside the City Limits: Distinctive of Urban Church Planting
- Todd Wilson, servant evangelism
- Rick Howerton, small groups
- Gary Rohrmayer, denominational influence
- Hutz Hertzberg, church planting assessment
- John Bailey, church planting systems
- Ed Stetzer (LifeWay Research), The State of Church Multiplication and the Causes that Hinder It (no PowerPoint)
- Thom Rainer (LifeWay Christian Resources), Twelve Axioms for Leading a Christian Organization
- Ron Sylvia (Next Coaching Networks), Church Planting Coaching Networks
- Larry McCrary (The Upstream Collective), Creating Church Planting Recruitment Systems for Denominations
- Steve Pike (Assemblies of God), Influencing Your Denomination for Church Planting
- Bob Harrington (Church Coaching Solutions), Understanding and Harnessing Networks: Part 1, Part 2
- Chris Conrad (Wesleyan), Church Planting Assessment (no PowerPoint)
The Mission America Coalition had asked me to convene a Church Planting Leadership Fellowship to help denominational leaders connect and collaborate around church planting learning. There seems to be a need for a place for peer learning and I am glad to help facilitate the group.
Any groups interested in joining the CPLF can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. (CPLF members, an email will be sent out about the audio and the presentations, available to members even if they missed the meeting. At this point, we are not releasing the presentations beyond the CPLF.)