Frequently Asked Questions
- What assessments are available in the CPCA tool?
- Who should take this assessment?
- Why should I take this assessment?
- Is this assessment only for potential lead pastors of a church plant?
- Who should be a church planter?
- How is this different from other assessments?
- What if I am not planting through any of your organizations?
- How can we sign up as an organization?
- I've taken the assessment, now what?
- Does the assessment work with overseas planters or planters from multiple ethnicities?
- How long does it take to get the results back after completing the survey?
- How do I get started?
Church Planter FAQ
- I purchased the CPCA online but I did not see a passcode?
- My passcode doesn't work when I try to log in?
- I've lost my passcode. How do I find it?
- I am having trouble seeing part of the surveys after I log in.
Church Planting Organization FAQ
- How do we let potential church planters know how to purchase a passcode with our Organization?
- What information can we update on our "Resources" page? How do we do it?
- I work with one of the organizations listed on your site, how do I log in to access our organization account?
- Our national office is one of the organizations listed on your site, is our office eligible to register as a regional organization? If so, what is next?
- Why were we charged sales tax when our organization purchased the assessment on your website?
1.What assessments are available in the CPCA tool?
What is included in the CPCA?
More detailed descriptions of assessments and inventories available to the potential church planter.
We have several assessments available:
- The Church Planter Candidate Assessment: a statistically validated online assessment instrument which helps potential church planters and their respective organizations identify areas of established strength and other areas needing development as they prepare to plant a church.
- Transformational Discipleship Assessment:a statistically validated online assessment tool that helps helps individuals assess spiritual strengths and weaknesses.
- Risk Factor Analysis: A short survey to help assess the level of "risk" a potential planter is facing in a particular church planting situation.
- Spiritual Gifts Survey: An online survey for potential church planters that asks how common a particular action, descriptive trait, or statement of belief is in their life.
- Ministry Systems Experience: A simple tool to help organizations understand a current or potential church planter's previous experience. We suggest that this will be best used as an ongoing coaching and team building tool.
- CPCA 360: The CPCA 360 Assessment is an opportunity for you to invite six people who know you well enough professionally and personally to provide feedback to your church planting organization. When applicable, a church planting candidate can also invite a spouse (or fiance) to complete a 360 assessment.
2. Who should take this assessment?
Anyone considering planting a church.
3. Why should I take this assessment?
This online assessment can help you identify areas of strengths and needed development as you work with your organization and others in the potential church plant. Experienced church planters will tell you that the more you understand about yourself before you plant, the better prepared you can be for the challenges ahead.
4. Is this assessment only for potential lead pastors of a church plant?
No, this assessment will be helpful for anyone who is considering being a part of a church planting team.
5. Who should be a church planter?
God uses all kinds of people to plant churches. Our goal with the church planting assessment is to help you and your organization better understand where you might fit in church planting, not whether or not you should plant a church.
6.How is this different from other assessments?
This was a research driven process which included an aggressive process of assessment, interviews, and testing of the questions. These are not just questions that we thought were a good idea. The Church Planter Candidate Assessment (CPCA) is a statistically validated assessment tool. CPCA provides over 20 reliable scales which accurately measure key church planting characteristics identified by church planting experts. Over half of these scales have proven predictive of specific church growth measures.
7. What if I am not planting through any of your organizations?
If you aren't registering with a church planting organization, you can still download a pdf of your report and email it to any church or church planting organization of your choice.
8. How can we sign up as an organization?
Contact LifeWay Research with information about your organization and your church planting efforts and one of our team members will contact you.
9. I've taken the assessment, now what?
You can log in with your registration information and see your results in the CPCA assessment.
10. Does the assessment work with overseas planters or planters from multiple ethnicities?
While we believe that the questions and traits are very similar across cultures, we have not yet tested the assessment in other languages or countries.
11. How long does it take to get the results back after completing the survey?
Your results will be available as soon as you have completed the assessment.
12. How do I get started?
- Determine if you are taking the CPCA as an individual or with a church planting organization.
- Purchase survey.
- Register, log in and take survey.
- Results are shared with the individual and with their associate organization when applicable.
Church Planting Organizations
Church Planter FAQ
- After your purchase, you will see an order summary on your screen. In that summary, you need to click on the "activate membership" link.
- When you click on the "activate membership" link, a new screen will open up with your unique passcode and the link to register for the CPCA. (This order summary with the "activate membership" link will also be sent to the email address you used when purchasing the CPCA from LifeWay.com.)
- Expired passcode: The passcode is good for one-year from the date of purchase. If it has been more than one year, you will need to purchase a new code.
- Entering the passcode: When you go to http://cpca.lifeway.com to register for the CPCA, make sure you are entering your passcode in the box on the right side of the page. You only need to register with the passcode one time. It will not work once someone has registered with that code.
- Login: After you have registered for the CPCA and left the site, you will need to log in at http://cpca.lifeway.com. The Login is in the green box on the left side of the page. You will use your email address and password that you created when you registered. If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the "forgotten password" link below that box and enter your email address and a password reset email will be sent to you.
- Once you have been set up as a organization, you will be given a link to your unique webpage with your organization information and "purchase passcode" link that will tie their passcode with your organization. We suggest that you:
- Any of your org users with Admin privileges can make changes to your Resources page.
- To make changes, go to your Home page, click on the Maintenance button, then click on the Resources button.
- Once you are there, you can Edit the general information about your organization or add/delete links on your page by clicking on Create Resource URL.
- Once you are done editing, you can preview your page by clicking on Working Resource Preview.
- After you have previewed it, you can submit it to our team by clicking on Submit for Approval.
3. I work with one of the organizations listed on your site, how do I log in to access our organization account?
- Only a person with your organization can add you as an organization user.
- If you have been added as a user, you can log into your account at http://cpca.lifeway.com/?caller=orgUser with your email address and the passcode assigned to you.
- If you do not know the passcode, you can click on the "forgotten passcode" link at the bottom of that screen and it will send you an email where you can change your email address.
4. Our national office is one of the organizations listed on your site, is our office eligible to register as a regional organization? If so, what is next?
- If you are a regional organization that is associated with one of the sponsor organizations listed on our site (district, conference, convention, association, church, etc.), you are likely eligible to sign up as a regional organization with CPCA.
- As a regional organization, you would have
- Your own webpage where potential church planters can purchase access to the CPCA and the will be automatically assigned to your organization.
- Access to your own account where you can see your church planters and their reports.
- Emailed copies of each assessment report as soon as they are completed (sent to the primary contact for your organization).
- If you would like more information about registering as a regional organization, please email Kevin.Walker@lifeway.com with your request.
5. Why were we charged sales tax when our organization purchased the assessment on your website?
For organizations that are eligible for tax exempt purchases, you can set up a tax exempt account on LifeWay.com. You can go to the "Help & FAQ" section and type in "sales tax."